NRHA Celebrates National Rural Health Day 2023
As a member-driven organization comprised of thousands of diverse individuals and organizations across the country, NRHA knows firsthand the power of rural communities. In honor of National Rural Health Day on Nov. 16, we are excited to participate in a national conversation about what makes rural America so special and celebrate the strength, resilience, and innovation our members demonstrate every day.
Here's what NRHA leadership and staff have planned this week to make our rural voices louder while the nation is listening.
NRHA’s Government Affairs team
- NRHA Chief Policy Officer Carrie Cochran-McClain is speaking at the:
- HHS National Rural Health Day leadership roundtable Nov. 13.
- Virginia Rural Health Association Annual Conference Nov. 15.
- NRHA State Government Affairs Manager Zil Joyce Dixon Romero is speaking at the Indiana Rural Health Association Public Policy Forum Nov. 16.
- NRHA Regulatory Affairs Manager Alexa McKinley is speaking at the 25th Kentucky Rural Health Association Conference Nov. 16.
- NRHA Chief Policy Officer Carrie Cochran-McClain and Legislative Affairs Manager Doson Nguyen are attending the National Rural Health Day celebration on the Hill Nov. 16.
- The GA team is also:
- Supporting a joint Senate/House Congressional resolution based on the goals of National Rural Health Day.
- Participating in the National Rural Health Day of Action, including visits to more than 20 members of Congress and the Bipartisan House Rural Health Caucus.
NRHA’s Program Services team
NRHA’s National Rural Health Foundation
- Launching a new foundation logo and fundraising effort to help enhance our mission to support programs that identify emerging rural health leaders. NRHF provides training and resources necessary to ensure access to quality health care for rural Americans.
NRHA CEO Alan Morgan
- Participating in the HHS National Rural Health Day leadership roundtable Nov. 13.
- Speaking at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Policy Fellows meeting Nov. 15.
NRHA COO Brock Slabach
- Speaking at the Pennsylvania Rural Hospital Conference Nov. 15.
- Speaking at the South Carolina Rural Health Conference Nov. 16.
How are you celebrating National Rural Health Day in your clinic or community? Show us on X (formerly known as Twitter) or Facebook. To learn more about National Rural Health Day, visit PowerOfRural.org.
To support the next generation of rural health leaders through NRHA’s National Rural Health Foundation, visit the donation page. And be sure to register for NRHA’s 35th Rural Health Policy Institute Feb. 13-15 in D.C. for the chance to carry this momentum and let your representatives know what your rural community needs.